A Home School Agreement is a statement explaining your child's school's aims, values, policies and procedures, its responsibilities towards its pupils, the responsibilities of the pupil's parents, and what's expected of pupils.
At Thames Ditton Infant School, we recognise each child as an individual, and aim to give all children every opportunity to realise their full potential. We believe that a close partnership between the school, parents and the child is essential if we are to achieve this aim.
It is therefore an expectation that all parents who wish their children to attend Thames Ditton Infant School will sign up to our Agreement.
We also ask parents to ensure they share the Home School Agreement with their child and we will also discuss this in school.
- Honest - telling the truth, sharing my feelings and opinions, being myself, being trustworthy
- Independent - working hard, trying my best, thinking for myself, taking ownership of my learning
- Resilient - not giving up, learning from mistakes, finding different solutions, being open-minded
- Respect - listening to others, following school rules, showing understanding of others, treating others well
- Co-operation - working with others, turn taking, making positive relationships, having shared goals
- Kindness - caring for others, helping those around me, sharing, thinking about other people’s needs
The school will support children and families by:
- Providing a safe, secure and happy environment;
- Being consistent with teaching and learning and behaviour;
- Planning a broad and balanced curriculum, rich with language;
- Threading our Values through all that we do.
Parents will support the school by:
- Ensuring children are in school consistently and on time;
- Supporting children’s learning;
- Reinforcing our Values at home.
We will help each other by:
- Developing positive relationships;
- Communicating clearly and regularly;